Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Oh nothing... just making an OSCAR WORTHY FILM thats all!





At least that's what we like to tell ourselves when we [and our equipment] are all sopping wet, cold, and tired (yes, the equipment was exhausted as well) after feverish hours of filming at all times of the day. Even if the film doesn't win any awards or *tear* an Oscar, the filming process was fun. I mean c'mon! besides the no sleep thing (who needs it?!..... I'm lying- I most definitely need at the least 8 hours of sleep or I'm a grouchy wreck) and braving the bipolar Ohio weather, everything else really out weighed the bad. Good things: getting to know the cast was fun especially since everyone was so patient and willing to help out through this learning experience (we really bonded), watching most everything just fall into place as the filming schedule went on, definitely all the bloopers (a blooper reel is going to be a blast to edit), playing the role of self-proclaimed unofficial producer. The list could go on really. I think I should insert here credit where credit is due because I don't want to make this all about me: Emma, the hotshot Hollywood director of this future award winning film, was no slouch either. Actually anything but a slouch. She wrote, cast, sequenced, story-boarded, directed and ran the whole show. Definitely no slouch. Props to the brain behind it all.


As a future big wig producer, here is where I'd like to give a little shout out to some of our stars- just as Casablance took the world by storm over the ages with the deliciously quotable "Here's looking at you, kid", I'm trying to do likewise with a slightly modern twist with a just as eloquent written piece from our film and acted out brilliantly by none other than THE Gerard McNicholas with- "Oh shit, kid! Thanks." And last but not least, our landlord who knocked his scene out of the ballpark with the famous- "3 month! Late! Rent!... Kids!..... To feed!.... I got!"
On behalf of Emma (and I), a million thanks to all who made the film possible. Here's looking at you, cast and crew. Or should I say, Oh shit, guys! Thanks for sticking it out with us.
NOW on to editing.

*Applause*

1 comment:

emmma said...

Awesome post, haha!
Now If only we were REALLY and truly done with filming.....