Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard"

Ummm no. That is the exact opposite of what I want right now- no milk and absolutely NO shake especially while I am on the heels of graduation. My plan for looking good for graduation so far has consisted of late night runs to Taco Bell and since my major requires me to be attached at the hip to my computer, I sit at a computer ALL day long. While I sit at my computer staying unfit (actually doing quite the opposite of what fit people do), I can see all the time from my house other persevering people run around Franciscan's treacherous campus in whatever weather Ohio throws our way. It makes me disconcerted. The weather- yes, but more so the problem here: Me- sitting at a computer shaping my buns into a horizontal plane. NOT GOOD.
When I see these other dedicated people running around all willy-nilly, in my mind I'm trying to assuage my guilt for not working out and I just want to run out there and be like 'Heeeeeey, relax there, buddy! I see you out here every day working so hard it makes ME tired. Why don't you take a break.... Hmmm? Maaaybeee maybe get some Taco Bell with me??'

Since THATS not going to happen, I decided- 'Somethings got to change!' So along with saying goodbye to Taco Bell (not forever, of course, but just in the rather best friendly nature of our relationship if you know what I mean), I decided I needed to make working out a regular part of my weekly schedule. So today I worked out- Rocky Balboa style. I got my hoodie and sweatpants on, my iPod set to rock on and I hit the gym. While some people might venture to tell me that Rocky did not have an iPod, I would tell them that he did have a rather awesome training soundtrack. Anyways, let me tell you I've never sweat so much in my life. The hoodie sweatpant combo definitely set my sweat meter to 'out of control'. On the flip side, I feel awesome. Also another awesome thing is my workout playlist. I've begun to realize that having a good workout playlist is ESSENTIAL to working out. Now I know my musical tastes have been thrown into questionable light in the past, but I happen to think my playlist is pretty cool.


Here's the breakdown:
Love the Way You Lie- Eminem ft. Rihanna
Won't Back Down- Eminem ft. Pink
I'm Not Afraid- Eminem
Give Me Freedom- K'naan
United State of Pop 2010- DJ Earworm (don't laugh)
Firework- Katy Perry (again, don't laugh!)
I Gotta Feeling- Black Eyed Peas
Stronger- Kanye West
Pump it- Black Eyed Peas
Seven Nation Army- The White Stripes
The Greatest Man That Ever Lived- Weezer
Little Lion Man- Mumford & Sons
Dog Day's Are Over- Florence + the Machine
Cosmic Love- Florence + the Machine

Sometimes I switch it up with a little 'bad romance' (Lady Gaga) or some Kid Cudi, but yeah- thats my playlist. If you feel the need to educate my poor musical tastes or just to share some songs of your own that make your heart pump, let me know, yo!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lil Wayne dude! I can transform ya. A milli. Lollipop.

emmma said...

HAHA!! I'm so glad you worked out. I need you to inspire me afer I get back from a week of my mother's cooking....And you're right, We need to break from the bell until after Graduation.

Guilty of Gossip said...

Im absolutely loving Mumford these days! :)

Unknown said...

Jax! I LOVE THIS! My Office job is turning my jekko butt horizontal too these days! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! lol. You have inspired me...

Also! Add Imma Be by the Black Eyed Peas! Love it!