Sunday, September 11, 2011

Never Forget

I don't think anyone can forget that day in 2001- the day of the attacks. I remember coming out of early morning mass and a church member came running up to my mom and in a rush of words told my mom something about a plane crash. I didn't quite understand yet. As we drove home, we realized the seriousness of the situation as we listened to horrific details of what was happening on the other side of our country. When we got home, my mom flipped on the tv and we saw the horrific raw details of the attacks. I remember quiet in the living room which is highly unusual for my large family. I remember crying as I saw people fleeing, people dying, people in agony. I remember as the death toll kept going up and up. I remember, I remember...

My heart ached than and still aches now for the pain and suffering inflicted on our people. I don't think I shall ever forget that day. I did not know anyone personally involved in the attacks, but my heart breaks for them and my heart goes out to them, my people. In honor and in memory of all the beautiful lives lost that day and to their families, I created a video. It's not much and it's not perfect, but it is from my heart. May God bless and keep close those souls lost and their heartbroken families. God bless America.

"Out of the depths of sorrow and sacrifice will be born again the glory of mankind."
~Winston Churchill

No comments: